2020-2021 ASP Evaluations by YouTube videos. See Letter to Membership dated July 13, 2020 below.
- 2020-2021 Evaluations for All Levels – Letter to Membership, dated July 13, 2020 – click here.
- Thank you x 1,000,000 to outgoing Arizona Study Program Chair, Barbara Stoutenburgh – click here for a YouTube video interview by ASMTA President, Kassandra Weleck, with Barbara Stoutenburgh.
- 2019-2020 Evaluations for Level 12A by YouTube Video – click here.
- Letter to Membership dated April 2, 2020 – click here.
The Arizona Study Program (ASP) was started in 1958 to provide a consecutive and comprehensive plan of music study designed to motivate and encourage the student to strive for growth and excellence.
The Arizona Study Program is a 12-year graded course of study developed by ASMTA to provide for the development of musical Performance, Theory and Technique.
It is organized in terms of the twelve years of public school, with one level for each of the years a student would be enrolled in school. It requires continual work throughout the year and is evaluated each spring by a master adjudicator and a written theory test.
ASP Committee 2020/2021
|Chair||Dr. Barbara Russell, NCTMemail@example.com|
|Immediate Past Chair||Barbara Stoutenburgh, NCTMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||Sherry Lenich, NCTMemail@example.com|
|Treasurer||Francisco Naranjo, Jr.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Honorary Member||Carol Hill, NCTMemail@example.com|
|Advisor||Rita Borden, NCTM||Rita.Borden@nau.edu|
|Technology Coordinator||Susan Traylorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Administrative Materials||Barbara Stoutenburgh, NCTMemail@example.com|
|Ribbons & Plaques||Jill Tabatafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Certificates||Fran Kaspar, NCTM||Fran@KasparPianoStudio.com|
ASP Local Chairs
|East Valley||Lara Heeder Holtemail@example.com|
|Debbie Saifi, NCTMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Andrew O’Brien, NCTMemail@example.com|
|Eastern Arizona||Janice Holladay, NCTMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Northern Arizona||Marjorie Johnsonemail@example.com|
|Phoenix||Barbara Stoutenburgh, NCTMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tucson||Karen Van Sickleemail@example.com|
|CMTA||May 1-2, 2020||Cochise College|
|EAMTA||April 24-25, 2020||EAC|
|EVMTA||May 15-16, 2020||ASU|
|PMTA||April 24-25, 2020||Az Piano|
|TMTA||May 9. 2020||U of A|
Forms and Website will be revised for 2020-2021 Evaluations by this date.
October 1-15 (TBD):
ASP Committee Zoom Training Workshop
ASP Virtual Evaluations Teacher Training Video Available
November 1 through December 1:
Early enrollment begins on November 1 and ends on December 1: $25 per student.
Late enrollment ends February 15: $40 per student.
Late Enrollment Deadline.
Send Level 12 students’ address and all records to local chair.
Student Program Form(s) due (Levels 5 – 12). (See your local chair for any changes.)
McCurnin Teacher Enrichment and Certification grant applications due.
Forms provided to every member:
Packet 1 – in Yearbooks and on the ASMTA website. Contains parent letter, general information, enrollment form, student program form, materials order form, and local association 2020 highlights.
Please select your local association to download your Packet 1 (in PDF format) —
Packet 1 forms are being revised and will subsequently be made available here by September 15, 2020. Please check back.
CMTA Packet 1
EAMTA Packet 1
EVMTA Packet 1
NAMTA Packet 1
PMTA Packet 1
TMTA Packet 1
Unaffiliated and Student Members: To access enrollment information, please select the local association above where your students will be evaluated.
Forms provided to members enrolled in Arizona Study Program:
–Packet 2 (March/April): Evaluation Information
–Packet 3 (May): Evaluation Results
New in 2019! ASP Levels 1-12 Technique Videos!
Login to your Member Access portal/Dashboard, scroll down the page, and click on the link to view the videos.
- Each student must purchase a theory workbook.
- Complete and return the Enrollment Form. (See Packet 1 of Forms section above. Copy additional Enrollment Forms if necessary.)
- Send one check (payable to ASP) for your class (teacher’s check only). NO REFUNDS OR SUBSTITUTIONS.
- A student may be enrolled in different levels for theory/technique and performance.
- Indicate the different levels on all forms and name tag.
- Records will show completion of the lower of the two levels.
- The performance level will determine the time allotment for evaluation.
- Students may be evaluated in only one level per school year.
- Levels may be repeated and/or skipped at the teacher’s discretion.
- Indicate previous teacher(s) of all transfer students if students were previously in ASP.
- Level 4, 8 and 12 awards are given only for completing Category A. Theory, technique, and repertoire must all be at the same level in the same year.
- A Level 12 senior student may take the Early theory test after January 1. If necessary, the Level 12 test can be retaken at the scheduled Evaluation date. Contact chairman for dates.
- Notify local chairman in writing of any students dropped or changes in program, level or category.
- If a student cannot be evaluated on the above dates, see your local association Packet 1 for procedure. There will be an additional fee for the adjudicator.
Attention ASP Participating Teachers!
Arizona Study Program (ASP) information, forms, and resources are available, in two (2) places, on the Arizona State Music Teachers Association (ASMTA) website:
- This page, the Arizona Study Program Home page, for the Arizona Study Program Information and Forms (see Forms Section < Packet 1 for your local association above), and
- ASMTA Member Dashboard/portal to find the ASP Online Store and the ASP Technique Videos.