The 93rd State Conference
Hilton Phoenix Resort at the Peak
7677 N. 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ
June 1-3, 2023
Celebrating Indigenous and Other Under-represented Cultures and Composers
Keynote Speakers and Featured Indigenous Artists
Online Conference Registration available through midnight, May 26, 2023. The June 1st Gala Banquet tickets may be purchased online (using the Conference Registration form) up until midnight of May 15, 2023. Showcase concert tickets may be purchased online (using the Conference Registration form) up until midnight, May 31, 2023 or at the door on June 2, with cash or check.
For Mail-In or Email Registration , must be post-marked by May 26, 2023. Or, register at the door.
For questions regarding registration, and/or to mail-in your registration, contact conference chair Jelena Vladikovic at email@example.com
Conference Venue & Hotel Reservations
2023 ASMTA Conference registration, meetings, sessions, exhibits, Gala Banquet and Showcase Concert are held at the Hilton Resort at the Peak, 7677 N. 16th St., Phoenix, Palacio Building, Palacio Bldg – Street Map.
The 2023 James R. Anthony Honors Recital auditions and recital will be held Saturday, June 3, 2023 at the following venues and times:
- Higher level auditions at 8:30 a.m. in the Veranda Room of the Palacio Building, Hilton Resort at the Peak. The Winners Recital will be held in the same room at 5:00 p.m. that same day.
- Lower level auditions at 8:30 a.m. at Madison Baptist Church 6202 N. 12th St., Phoenix, AZ.
Call for Presenters and Proposals
PRESENTATION PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 25, 2023.
PRESENTATION TOPIC CAN INCLUDE PEDAOGY-RELATED THEMES:
Theme – Celebrating Indigenous and Other Under-Represented Cultures and Composers: Incorporating Their Music in Pedagogical Repertoire
Renewed call for papers and presentations: We, once again, invite members to submit proposals for participation which can be research paper presentations, lectures, and/or lecture/recitals. Standard presentation of 50 minutes should include sufficient time for Q&A. These works can be in the spirit of the conference, highlighting works of BIPOC composers and performers, as well as women composers throughout the centuries. However, other topics will be considered, especially about little known works that members want to share. Lecture recitals can include works outside of the topic. Please email your proposals to the conference chair, Dr. Jelena Vladikovic at firstname.lastname@example.org with “ASMTA Conference Proposal” in the subject line. Proposals submission deadline has been extended to March 25, 2023 and should include the following (items a. b. and c. in one Word document please):
- The abstract depicting your chosen topic within the main theme, 350 to 500 words maximum,
- A 150-180 word presentation description for inclusion in the conference booklet,
- A short presenter’s bio, no longer than 300 words for inclusion in the printed conference booklet,
- High resolution photograph of presenter(s) for inclusion in the printed conference booklet.